22 February 2008

Random Thoughts For Random Times


So last night I was laying in bed and that primary song verse "i love to look for rainbows whenever there is rain and ponder and the beauty of the earth made clean again" was stuck in my head and it just was repeating itself over and over. I laid there listening to the rain tap against the window and my mind started to run like crazy. So I was thinking about that song and for some reason it really hit close to home. I have always loved that song when I was in primary I use to always request it. I started to think. I do love the way the earth looks right after it has rain.... it seems like colors are more vibrant than before and the scents are so fresh. It took me back to a time when I was younger and visiting Arizona. It was the first time I fell in love with the rain. We were in the middle of the street for some reason and all of a sudden this overwhelming aroma came upon us. My cousins who are Arizona natives ran to the porch and I just stood there not knowing what was going on within minutes the monsoon rain hit. It was beautiful, warm and the aroma of rain was amazing. I will never forget that night... When I was in school and we would do exercises where the teacher tells you to think of something soothing, comforting, something that makes you happy. I would always think of that warm raining night. The night I fell in love with rain.

3 comments:

  1. I love the rain and the way it smells.... Operation Skinny Pants is actually going well... I have had some set backs like with most things in life but I am up to 13 pounds and that is with no exercise. That weekend of burgers and fries was yummy and made me think about all those years in high school when I ate like that all the time... I don't know how I didn't weigh 5million pounds... keep me updated on Operation Baby Fat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura I tagged you are you are it!
    check out my blog for the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina beat me to the punch, but I was gonna tag you with the same questions! :0)

    ReplyDelete