Matt loves to fish and goes often. Well, every once in a while Eliza and I will tag along. The other day we were out fishing and I am paranoid of alligators sneaking up on us so I am always starring into the water. I saw this little thing floating and I asked Matt "Hey babe what's that?" and he replied "oh it's just a leaf"... I thought hmmm I didn't know leaves could swim so I protested against his response and made him scoop it up onto the bank with his fishing pole. We then realized it was a little baby turtle. We had to dump some of Eliza's snack out so we can bring it home in a container (sorry Eliza lol) Well, after doing some internet research we came to the conclusion it is an Alligator Snapping Turtle and he is fiesty! He attacks the other turtle in the tank which is a water conditioner so he doesn't get much response and he hisses at us. It's actually kind of cute. The biggest one on record is 263lbs. We plan on keeping ours while it is small. Once it gets big you can have a Zoo buy it from you which is kind of cool. So here are a couple of pictures... they are the clearest ones I could shoot!



No comments:
Post a Comment