17 May 2009

32 Week Update

This last month has been full of fun... jk. My doctor got my heart beat on record at 205 beats per minute during one of my "episodes" so they referred me to a Cardiologist and after seeing her she decided that my resting heart beat at around 120-130 was too high for someone who is pregnant so.... she put me on a new medication and I had to wear a heart monitor for 21 days that was similar to the one I had to wear in high school.

Let me tell you wearing this thing 24 hours a day except when showering of course is irritating. They basically are made for the elderly and aren't really made for people who are pregnant with a two year old that runs around all day and constantly gets into stuff. Every time I bent over, lifted Eliza, and pretty much took a breath the wonderful thing would fall off. It's connected to a wire which splits into two and is connected to two Electrodes that you have to place on you left ribs under your chest and your right shoulder. The wire is so long that at night I would get tangled in them and constantly have to rearrange the wire. With my skin being so sensitive the Electrodes caused me to get a rash which looked like a miniature form of shingles lol but it only itched and there was no pain thankfully! I am so glad my 21 days is Up!! Well enough of the complaining... At my 30 week appointment I was measuring 39 cm which doesn't really surprise us because Eliza was big too. I have gained somewhere around 20 pounds (I don't keep track anymore :)and my pre-pregnancy pants are barely beginning to get tight. Our doctor is sending us at 36 weeks to see how big the baby actually is. 6 Weeks to go until June 29th when we are getting induced and I am going to be able to drop two of the four medicines I have to take multiple time a day yay!

3 comments:

  1. leah mattie I like it! You are too cute...sorry you have to deal with that. Its hard enough to be prego but to have to deal with the machine...barf...no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sorry about all that stuff. but like some say the things we do for our kids..:D also ull pop that kid out soon and see how cute she is. well good luck and hope all gos well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I am glad you are doing pretty well I am excited for you. I hope all goes well and let me know if you need anything Okay. Jennifer Shirts

    ReplyDelete