Today my niece Alexis got baptized. She is the first Grand Child of my parents that was able to make these covenants. I am grateful I was able to be there and witness this great blessing for my family but it was extremely hard for me. The last time I was in a Relief Society room along with my brother and mom at a baptism was my own nineteen years ago. My heart both rejoiced and ached today. I am extremely proud of my niece for making the choice to do one of the best things she could have ever chosen to do and I am proud of my brothers. Both Isaac for being an honorable priesthood holder and great father for his family and for my Brother Anthony for making amazing changes in his life so that he could be there to witness it along with us. I am thankful my girls have the opportunity to grow up with family near and have good examples of all the other girls and their decisions. My heart ached today because I miss my dad. I really miss him. It sucks! I wish he was able to physically be there in the room with us but as I was sitting in the very last row off the room I felt my dads love embrace me. I was so overcome with the feeling that I burst into a uncontrollable sob. I had to leave the room and gather myself. I knew his spirit was there and he was rejoicing for his family. My dad was a very humble man but I know that when we did something "Right" in the Lords eyes he rejoiced and was proud. When I hear the phrase "time heals" it makes me think... My dad died eight years ago when I was eighteen years old and I don't really think "time" has healed anything. I have just learned to accept it. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him or miss him... after all he was my best friend. When I have a child or the holidays come it really hits home that he isn't here but I know that my girls were able to know him before they came here.. I like to believe they were with him(and Grandpa Player) anxiously waiting their arrival just as much as Matt and I were here. I am grateful for the true gospel that has been restored here on earth. I grateful for the revelations received and ordinances and covenants we make with our Heavenly Father. I am thankful to not be in the darkness and know about the plan of salvation. Having this knowledge helps me "just learn to accept it" a little easier because I know one day when I die I will be able to see my dad again. Families CAN be together forever... through Heavenly Fathers plan.
Laura, thanks fog bearing your testimony. I am sorry that you have to go through those hard moments but I am glad that you have the Holy Ghost to help you through them.
ReplyDeleteThank you Laura.
ReplyDelete