Since Christmas Eliza has been asking me to teach her how to sew something and today she got a homework assignment. The assignment said to pick out two words that rhyme and find objects, pictures or draw them. One on each side of a folded paper.It also stated "BE CREATIVE!!" So I decided to take it as an opportunity to teach Eliza how to use the foot petal on the sewing machine. While Eliza used the petal I guided the fabric. It was fun until she almost sewed my finger :) thank goodness we were already finished! HaHa I think it might take a couple more years and then we will get that learning machine I've been talking about getting her!
Eliza picked the Words
Skirt and Shirt
We used just an outline of a shirt and had her cut it out because she needs to practice cutting and we used the left over material from one of the pillow cases I used for her night gowns. All she had to do for the skirt was sew the side(one straight line) and then the gathering rows. She loved pulling the thread and pinching the fabric.
No comments:
Post a Comment