02 March 2012

Chicken Fajitas

At the new year our church changed its meeting time and we now meet at 1:30pm by time we get home it is close 5:00pm and no one is really in the mood to start cooking dinner. I decided every Sunday we are going to have a Crock Pot dinner. That way I can just prep it the night before and turn it on in the morning. I went to Desert Book and got two of the little books they had for crock pot cooking and this is one of the recipes that was in it.
4-6 Chicken Breast (I used four and we still had leftovers)
2 1/2cups of Chunky Salsa
Two Bell Peppers thinly sliced(I used the baby sweet ones because I had it
already so I used as many as I thought would equal two)

Add all ingredients to a greased 4-6qt slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat 5-6 hrs or low 10-12hrs. Just before serving shred chicken. (I actually like to shred my chicken 30 mins before its ends just to marinated the other parts)

We served ours in Whole Wheat Pita bread with Mexican Rice on the side. It was absolutely delicious. Definitely a keep recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment