24 March 2012

Our Monthly Projects

Over the last month we have been working on a few projects. I should have really taken the before pictures but I didn't think about it till half way through tearing up the carpet but let me paint you a picture... we had tan yes not sand but TAN Light tan flat carpet in the girls rooms which were gross no matter how many times you shampooed them and I hated them! Then we had bubble gum pink walls... it was suppose to have been "dreamland pink"... but we ended up with the bubble gum and I thought ehh who cares but that quickly got the best of me and I have just been itching for a reason to paint it again. Well the reason came. We had bunk beds but Eliza(on the top bed) liked to scratch the popcorn ceiling off and every morning poor little Leah(on the bottom bed) would wake up with it all over her face and bed. So I had a yard sale and SOLD those beds.

 Now to what we have been working on. We painted the walls a toasted oatmeal color with white pearls trim. We tore up the carpet and stain the concrete floors a Desert tan and Earth Brown Mix. Then finally today we got at least one of the beds done. This bed was a beast.. its definitely not perfect but what is? At least the girls have a decent place to sleep now :) Hopefully bed #2 will be done on Monday.










No comments:

Post a Comment