
Since making the switch to cloth diapers we have made other eco friendly changes such as making our own detergent, using cloth wipes, using more organic fabric in my projects and so on yes we aren't those people out there rallying for it but we are just trying to do our part(or at least I am and the Hubby appreciates the savings along the way.) My latest endeavor is mama cloths. While discovering this whole new world of cloth I have found many different areas of use for cloth and every time I saw something new instead of thinking "That is gross" I thought "Huh that makes a lot of sense" and I never realized washable nursing pads are considered "eco" friendly they were just always my preference from the start 5 years ago. So today I made 15 regular mama cloths and 5 overnight ones using
THIS pattern. I researched different fabrics and patterns and along the way I found out that I am really picky about what I use. So with this being the fifth pattern I have tried I am completely happy. I loved that it had a printable pattern that made it my life much easier to make instead of having to use "special" paper sizes and measuring widths and lengths. I used 100% cotton flannel as my outer layers and for the inside of the liner I used few layers of 70% bamboo 30% cotton blend batting. Super soft and light which is great for our hot AZ weather. I chose to try this out for two reasons 1. I cycle really heavy and I absolutely hate leaking(Which happens ever month of my life..eek) yes yes tmi but its the truth and 2. It just makes sense.. why waste money on something I can make with fabric I already had around the house and I get massive nose bleeds.. so when those happen I use a wash cloth and just wash it out when it stops. So Whats the difference? Okay Okay Three reasons... They are cute too!
No comments:
Post a Comment