For the next three weeks Eliza will be sporting her new Pink Glittery cast! After family home evening on Monday we were walking home from my brother Isaac's house and Eliza decided she was going to run from me.. I yelled "stop before you biff it" but of course since tag is her favorite game in the whole world she kept running... tripped... and biffed it!! Oh the shrieks that came from her little body... Its that moment when as a parent your stomach is almost out of your mouth and your face feels like its burning off! I went over to her and she could still move her wrist so after about thirty mins of trying to get her to calm down and putting the other girls in bed we got her ready to go to urgent care because she was still complaining of pain and pointed to a specific area on her wrist. They did xrays and said it was a "buckle fracture" fast forward four days and the doctor gave her the option to keep her splint or get a cast so she opted for the cast which I am thankful for so she doesn't ask me every five minutes to take the brace off And I will have to worry less about her taking it off at school when she returns after fall break. Our next door neighbor Patty who we have always known worked at Phoenix Childrens hospital happened to be the orthopedic nurse for Eliza which made her trip to the hospital much more enjoyable. Ever since Eliza was with Grandpa Player his last days in a hospital she hasn't particularly loved going to them and you can see the anxiety she gets whenever we have to go to one. She did well though and when all was said and done was in better spirits than I expected.

No comments:
Post a Comment